US Tax Services

The United States aggressively enforces its taxation laws through the IRS. Understanding your tax obligations is not always clear or straight-forward and your obligations can vary depending on your status or other factors. US Tax Help provides a broad array of services for U.S. citizens and residents abroad, foreign individuals who are living in the United States, foreign investors in U.S. real estate, and those trying to obtain a tax identification number (TIN). For more than 20 years, Ted Kleinman of US Tax Help has provided trusted and straight-forward U.S. tax advice.

U.S. Citizens and Residents Abroad

The United States is one of  a few countries worldwide that pursues tax revenues from its citizens and residents abroad regardless of where the money was earned. Therefore, if you are a citizen or a U.S. citizen you should never expect your tax obligations to cease because you have left the country. In fact, the U.S. government has tax treaties and agreements with 68 foreign countries that allows the IRS and the foreign tax agency to exchange tax information. As time goes on, the IRS is forming agreements with more countries thereby increasing its ability to enforce the tax obligations of U.S. citizens who are living abroad. Ted Kleinman can explain your filing and disclosure requirements along with advising you on strategic tax considerations.

Foreign Individuals Visiting the U.S.

Foreign individuals who visit the U.S. can find themselve snared by the relatively harsh and confusing U.S. tax system. For instance, some individuals do not necessarily realize that their designation as a resident or non-resident for taxation status is separate and apart from their immigration status. Furthermore, if you or your attorney determines that qualify as a resident for purposes of taxation but a non-resident for immigration purposes, special rules apply due to your dual alien status. Ted Kleinman can provide well-considered tax advice for foreign individuals who are visiting the U.S.

Foreign Investors in U.S. Real Estate

The United States real estate market is often considered to be a haven for safe investments that spread risk and can re-balance a portfolio. While the U.S. real estate market presents  foreign investors with many opportunities, the income and withholding requirements can be extremely complicated. Ted Kleinman can answer these questions by performing tentative tax calculations on the numbers you provide so that you can proceed prudently.

Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers

Ted Kleinman is an IRS-designated acceptance agent. This means that he has a contract with the IRS that allows him to facilitate the assignment of individual tax identification numbers (TIN) to individuals who do not have a Social Security number but must file U.S. taxes with the IRS. He can also review your ITIN filing for completeness and accuracy prior to its review.

Whether you are a resident, nonresident, foreign investor, or dual status alien, Ted Kleinman can help with your U.S. tax concerns.  To schedule a confidential consultation, call US Tax Help right away at (541) 923-0903, or contact us online.

Ready to tackle your US Tax Returns?

Pay the lowest tax the law allows.

Get Started